Friday, June 18, 2010

Fun with My Dogs

This is my daughter (yes, she has dyed her hair blue-green for the summer) holding a reluctant "Teencie" as we are now calling our skittish little Chi foster girl.  Teencie wants so badly to be held, but she isn't quite yet brave enough to let us do so.  We can scratch behind her ears, and hold her (firmly) for a few moments.  She whines and howls in her crate at night, so now she's sleeping with my daughter.  That is, she is sharing the bed.  This has made Teencie more confident.  We've had a her a week and she has improved tremendously.
This is Tucker, my other foster, right before his June 10-11 heartworm treatment.  He received the 2-dose, back-to-back Immiticide shots.  He's doing fine--the biggest problem is keeping him quiet.  He loves to run after birds and squirrels.  One of my Vet Tech friends says her clinic is out of Immiticide, and it doesn't look like they will be able to get more for awhile.  Our Shelter clinic ran out of the drug earlier this year, and so when I took Tucker home, I put his name on a wait list.  When the Immiticide doses arrived, I got a call--I made sure to get him in so he wouldn't lose his place in the line.
This is my dog, Cross.  She isn't really taunting you,  She is about to lick.  She has a licking problem.  She is powerless over her desire to lick.  She needs a 12-step group.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Teencie is starting to relax. I'm sure she'll be a whole different animal in a couple of months.

    I love your daughter's outfit, by the way - is she into steampunk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa! If you go to my Flickr stream, you can see my daughter's first Steampunk meetup photos. I helped her with the gun. I also helped with the hat she has on here. And of course, I finance her shopping excursions (her outfit here is mostly thrifted!).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a pawprint! I appreciate comments.