Monday, July 12, 2010

D.C. with Dogs

We are on vacation, and my little dog and all my fosters are at their get-away digs, too!  In fact, the MinPin, "Sam" is now back at my house with my college-age son, who had to head home to work. Sam's foster mom said he was well-behaved at her house (she has seven dogs, including fosters and rescue transients).

We spent four days in New York City and are now in Washington, D.C., staying with my sister-in-law, who works high up in the FBI.  This cute little Chihuahua was on tour with his owner at the Lincoln Memorial.  His owner says he goes out to see the D.C. sights almost every weekend, riding along in her backpack.

My daughter said I just had to have a "dog fix".  She was right--I felt better after seeing this cute little guy. re We' heading out to visit Arlington Cemetery today to pay our respect to those who have died for our freedom, then we're off to Mount Vernon.  Did George Washington have a favorite dog?  I plan to find out.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip. Love the pic of the Chi in the backpack. Have FUN!!!
    WAgs
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes he did. Several in fact. :) He was an avid foxhunter.

    -Cyg

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a pawprint! I appreciate comments.