Saturday, August 15, 2009
Laws of Dog Adoptions
1. The potential client will want to adopt the one puppy in the pen that has already been adopted but is awaiting its new owner to return with a crate.
2. The client will want to adopt the dog that belongs to the off-site coordinator.
3. The client will want to adopt a dog seen in a blurry photo on the Shelter website but which, for some reason we can’t determine, cannot be located at the Shelter or at an Off-site event. This client will become infuriated because he “finally found the dog I wanted” and we’ve deliberately misplaced an animal he has never even met face-to-face.
4. The client will want a puppy “just like the black one,” but in yellow. We will not have any yellow puppies available.
5. The client will insist that the dog in her printed-out photo came from our web site even when another Shelter’s name is listed.
6. The client will adopt a puppy if we can guarantee for certain that it will not bark or chew things up.
7. The client will want to adopt a Yorkie when all we have are labs, pit mixes, cattle dogs and rat terriers.
-*- Artwork from a scan of a vintage children's book.